The mission of the CASA volunteer is to monitor and follow a child’s case through the juvenile court system; to provide an independent voice from the community who speaks up for the best interests of their assigned child; to help ensure that the child is in a secure, secure, supportive, permanent home.Requirements
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Complete a written application, including three references other than relatives.
- Complete a personal interview
- Pass background screenings
- Participate in at least 30 hours of a 35-hour training.
- Observe court sessions for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Will be able to commit to serving as a CASA volunteer for at least 1 year.
- Advocate at all times for the best interests of the child.
- Meet with child at least once a month in person.
- Attend all court hearings and scheduled case planning conferences pertaining to the child.
- Remain actively involved in the case until a permanent solution has been reached or the court dismisses the case.
Apply to be a Volunteer: